Rural Exploration

>> Thursday, December 17, 2009

I have been following some great photographers on Flickr and was so impressed by their shots of "urban exploration" that I wanted to go out and find some places to explore on my own...here in RURAL Nebraska.  I did not have to go far to find this neat little farmhouse North of O'Neill that had me walking through the multiple inches of snow to find some great colors and decay inside this old place.


This is a shot I took of the outside with a texure background from: http://aviary.com/artists/chucho320/creations/blue_grunge_by_darkrose42_stock


I was surprised to find the AMAZING colors that were still left on the walls of this place.  What cool contrasting colors.


I loved the way the plaster and wallpaper are hanging off of the walls here.


"There's your problem."  The door was left open!


Lunch is served.


A texture treatment of the outside of the house using a texture courtesy of:

 
Another texture that I used with this image.  I really love the way this turned out.  Here is the texture:

I had a great time exploring this place and am looking for some more abandoned locations within this area of Nebraska.  I have my eye on a few.....so stay tuned.

1 comments: