Photo Club Safari @ Troester's

>> Tuesday, September 29, 2009

We had some beautiful scenery and lighting for this safari!  I took so many photos I could not decide which ones I liked the most....so there are MANY on here.

Nebraska, old fence post, barbed wire...nothing better.

I enjoyed the way the sunshine was shining trough the grass on the side of the road.  Did a little editing of this in Photoshop, but not too much; just a lot of natural color.

The above photo was fun to do as the sun was just going down behind the equipment.  Did some editing in PS to soften the edges.

I liked the natural green color of the water and the weeds against the black tractor tires; highlighted this using some selective coloring.

Another view of the tractor tires.  Lots of neat edges and contours.

Close-up of some kernals of corn with the corn fields in the background.

My Grandpa worked all his life for Caterpillar Machinery, so an old Cat is a natural choice for me to shoot.  Liked how the lines of the Cat framed the field in the background.  More Cat photos below:


The photo below may not be for everyone, so if you hate mice-be prepared.  Aaron noticed these baby mice in the pile of corn and alerted us to it  I like the natural colors of the corn in this photo.


I noticed how the natural light was really lighting up the green in the combines, so I shot several photos of that:

 

Davita was checking out the best angle for her next shot!

I wish I could have got a better shot of Aaron by the fields, but this is the best I could get.  Used some selective color to highlight him and the fields.

I enjoyed talking to Aaron's Dad about their 1965 Corvette that was sitting in their quonset building.  Even thought it was full of dust, it is a beautiful car.
 
 I am a sucker for fence posts and flowers....

 
What is a photo safari to a farm in Nebraska without some corn shots?  Below are several I took using various angles and editing techniques:








The last photos are from when we first arrived at the grain bins.  Lots of cool lines and angles!








I had to include this last photo because "Lockwood" manufacturing was located in Gering, NE, my hometown, and my stepfather worked there for over 20 years.





2 comments:

OHS Hot Shots September 29, 2009 at 8:13 PM  

I love the corn shot! Sometime could you show me how you do the blended selective color? That was really neat!

Tammy Myers September 29, 2009 at 8:28 PM  

Liked all the pictures except the mice. Corn was pretty color but I couldn't get past the rodents. What a fun safari.